Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hunger Game Book Cover

Welcome to all these new followers that I have.  I has been a little while since my last post because end of Summer and back to school is always a crazy time in my life.  But the last time I looked I was at 22 followers today I have 32 and well over 2200 views.  I know that as far followers go and blogging this may be a small number but just the fact that 32 people have chosen to keep track of what I do just makes my day.  :)  So Thank you.

Today I am going to share a post that I did on the Little Daughter for Back to school.  She (Like 90% of the pre-teen girl population) is OBSESSED with the Hunger Games.  Now I am not sure how I came across the video where I got the inspiration from.  Probably flipping through nail art videos on You Tube while I was bored.  But the girl who did them was I love cupcakes or I want cupcakes... something like that.  I am the worst at writing stuff like that down.  But at the same time I want to share where I got the idea from.


I started with a base coat of China Glaze Liquid Leather.  (and because I was doing her nails on a day that I had some appts to do others it took me 11 hours to finish hers because I was fitting parts in as the day when on)  Then I used a dotter and Sally Hasen Xtreme Wear Disco Ball to create the bulls eye targets on her 3 fingers.  On the thumb she wanted a D-12.  The Mocking Jay was done using acrylic paints.  I just mixed colors together until I got a color I was happy with. 
The Mocking Jay was a little harder then I anticipated.  I tried it first on paper just to see if I could do it at all and at the time I thought it was small.  When I went to do the same on her nail I realized her nail was about half the size as my original try. 
I am very pleased with how these turned out.  The little daughter was too.  :)  She loves when all of her friends love her nails  (I have to admit I do too)


I hope you like these as much as I liked doing them. 

As always THANKS for reading.

Amy<3

No comments:

Post a Comment