Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Spun Polish (and a blue velvet cupcake)

Hi guys... so sorry that my posts have been lacking lately.  I am still here!!  I am currently training for my 2nd 5K run coming up this Saturday.  Since it is close I have been most of my spare time hitting the pavement trying to get ready.  I have a fun splatter mani planned to wear on this run since the theme of the run in "COLOR ME RAD" and you start out in white and as you run they have people standing on the sides dousing you with color.  By the time your done you are definitely not wearing white any longer.  I am excited... so pictures to come of me at the finish line with my fun mani!

Ok on to today's post

I have seen this one around a lot but had not tried it my self. I have seen it called "Spun Sugar" or "Spun Polish"   I like the "Spun Polish" because that is what it is.

I started with a base coat of Sinful Colors Nirvana and while I was painting the base coat I had to little puddles of paint drying up to get ready to spin across it.  For the bottom color closest to the cuticle I used Nail Art in a light Teal. The bottle didn't have a name.  For the darker spun color I used Sinful Colors Savage.

This technique is very textured and I know some people like that.. I do not.  So I topped this off with 3 coats of Seche Vite to kind of smooth it out (it was still a little bumpy)

I was happy with how this turned out for this being my first attempt at doing it.  I will say the dryer the polish the more stringier it gets. Which to be worked the best. These pictures were taken with about 4 days wear.

NPR: I also wanted to share a picture of the last cupcakes I made. Once a month our twin boys have a cub scout family dinner.  I love to bake so every month I make some thing fun and yummy.   These things were AMAZING!!!  (and I was even rushed I can't even imagine how good they would have been I had actual time to let them cool)

 These are "Blue Velvet" Cupcakes with cream cheese icing.  Everything was made from scratch.   I found the recipe on a blog called Baked Perfection.  She has lots of YUMMY cupcakes.. I haven't had a chance to go through the whole blog yet but it you like cupcakes... Check this blog out because what I did see I want to bake every single one. :)

Alright well as always THANKS for reading...

Amy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment