Monday, June 11, 2012

FIREWORKS!! Nail Art Addict Style

Welcome new Nail-Venturers!!!

Nails by Ms. Lizard is having a 4th of July contest this month and this is my entry.  I had a few ideas for this and tried them out and hit a big bust with the first 3.  I love the contests though.  Then I feel like I have a reason to get into my polish everyday.  The husbands little brother is visiting for a few days and since he has been here I have painted my nails 4 times (that doesn't include the nail wheel I did trying to figure out if my ideas would work or not)  since he got here on Friday that is 4 times in 3 days.  Yep... He thinks I'm nuts. O_o...  but who am I to argue.

I started this mani out with one of my favorite polishes.  I can't believe I don't wear it more for how much I love it.  It is called Smoke and Ashes by China Glaze.  This black polish has little speckles of green or maybe grey. It just has a 3D look to it.  So I thought it was perfect for this because it looked a lot like the night sky.
Note: This whole mani was so hard to photograph. I wish I had to whole lighting set up and such but I don't so I do my best with whats I gots. :P

   Next with a Striping brush I used: Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Red Carpet, China Glaze Frostbite and Stripe Rite Silver to make ....swoops maybe??.. of color to look like bursts.  
Red Carpet


Silver
Frostbite
Some where between Silver and Frostbite I added a few stars.  The stars are from Wet N Wild Fast Dry Stars and Stripes. (How fitting right)  Stars and Stripes had the big star glitter and little bar glitters. I found this is at Winn Dixie and was only 1.97.  I am all about inexpensive polish. I tried to get a picture so you could see the little glitter but it did photo well. And this dried with a sort of matte finish. 

I was extremely happy with the way this turned out.  I don't think the pictures really did it justice.  With all the sparkle in the black and the Stars and Stripes this mani glistened at every turn.   
Products used.  
There you have it... FIREWORKS!!  Nail Art Addict Style.  If you try this I would love to see it.  Please share a photo on my Facebook Page.

On another note:  I got a message this morning that I won the Patchwork contest put on by Tip Top Nails South Africa.  This just made my day.  :)  It is one thing to like what you are doing.  It just makes what you like doing better when other people like it too.  This was my winning entry
 Tip Top Nails South Africa announced their next contest today. Cherry Blossoms.  Start your own nail-venture and enter. You never know unless you try.  Good Luck!!!
Well that is it for tonight.  Thanks so much for reading and please follow my blog. 

Amy <3

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your win! I saw that you were going to join Neverland Nail blog summer challenge. Can't wait to see your creations. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. And thank you for following :) I am excited about the challenge. I have never done one before. As soon as I did ideas were popping into my head. So I am kinda excited to see what comes out of my head too haha

      Delete
    2. It should be fun. It will be my first challenge also. :) Have fun!

      Delete