Friday, June 8, 2012

Pastel Patchwork

Welcome back Nail-venturers :)  

Sorry it has been a few days. I wish I was one who could promise a new post everyday however life with 4 kids, 2 jobs and the obsession to visit my gym at least 4 times a week makes for a tired self at the end of some days.  

Yesterday I heard about a contest that Tip Top Nails South Africa is having and I decided that this was something I wanted to do.  I shared to rules on my facebook page for my blog.  I do believe there is another one that I want to do that has something to do with the 4th of July but I have to concentrate on one at a time.  I have a horrible tendency to over do things and then I can't do anything because there is just to much to do. 

Anyway.  so being so focused on what I wanted to do for this mani I wasn't even sure what I was going to do until I was doing it.  Because of this I completely forgot to take during pictures.  I have also come to the realization that I am just bad at remembering to take during pictures. (Guess I am not the tutorial type )

Back to the contest (side tracked again)
It is a patchwork contest. I have done this before and it is a lot of fun.. very time consuming and I used a TON of colors I will post those at the end. I am going to do a different pattern tomorrow and see which one I like better.  I have another idea floating around in my head and since entries are not due til Monday I can put my best one in.

On to the results:

Colors used:
Base Patchwork colors
Orly SnowCone
Pure Ice Home Run
Sally Hansen Made You Blush
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Lacey ilac

Polka Dots - Orly White Tips

Flowers:
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Mellow Yellow
Pure Ice Hot Tamale

Lines - China Glaze Liquid Leather

The contest Rules state you must take a picture with the polish and tools used. Here are those.. Not sure which one I like better though.
Maybe you guys could help me out with that. :)

Tomorrow I will be posting a second patchwork and maybe on Facebook you can help me decide which one to use.  
Thanks for reading
Amy <3

2 comments: